Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support
FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:57 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support  |  Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:10 am

PAP Mask: Amara View Full Face Mask
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low - 12 High - 25

It's time for me to get a new mask and I would like to get one with forehead support. My doctor suggested that I might want to try a mask like that because they tend to keep a better seal because they have more support all around. My Amara View mask leaked a lot even with the "Pad-A-Cheek" liner! I was very disappointed with that mask!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what Full Face mask with forehead support is most comfortable and has the best seal?

Thanks

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support  |  Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:25 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

I like the F& P Simplus

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support  |  Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 am

LSAT wrote:
I like the F& P Simplus

Thank You! :) I've heard that's a popular one. So you don't get leaks with it at all?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support  |  Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:27 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

I get very few, but everyone is different.

jeanie4062
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support  |  Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 am

PAP Mask: simplex small
PAP Machine: Dreamstation Auto with Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 12-16

I like it because I'm a side sleeper and the forhead support seems to keep me from knocking it off seal when I turn over.

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support  |  Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:46 am

jeanie4062 wrote:
I like it because I'm a side sleeper and the forhead support seems to keep me from knocking it off seal when I turn over.

Do you get leaks sometimes or is it completely fine, no leaks?

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support  |  Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:51 am

LSAT wrote:
I get very few, but everyone is different.

Have you tried "Pad A Cheek" Mask Liners for the leakage? You can get them on Pad A Cheek.com or Amazon.

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support  |  Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:12 am

jeanie4062 wrote:

I've heard that the masks with the forehead straps you don't feel the air coming out of the vent holes. My other masks because my pressure is so high I would feel the air rushing out onto my face.

How about you? Do you feel the air coming out onto your face with this mask? That is a big concern for me but I did order the Simplus last night from cpap.com and I can't wait to get it.

jeanie4062
Unread post  Post subject: Re: The Best FF Mask With Forehead Support  |  Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08 pm

PAP Mask: simplex small
PAP Machine: Dreamstation Auto with Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 12-16

only time I notice the air coming out is when I lay with my hand in front of my face on the pillow or the blanket comes up near my face. now my husband says he can feel it but he likes it because its like a fan being on him.

I do use the reusable blue mask liners you see on amazon in a 3 pack. It makes a lot of difference in how the actual mask feels on your skin. I didn't like the plastic feel on my face.