Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Dreamwear full face mask rusting & warping. Design flaw!
FAQ
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:23 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Patopopo
Unread post  Post subject: Dreamwear full face mask rusting & warping. Design flaw!  |  Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:40 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit F10
PAP Machine: Dreamstation Auto-CPAP with Humidifier
Humidifier: Dreamstation Auto-CPAP with Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 4-to-14 cmH20 APAP

I've been using the Dreamwear full face mask for six months having moved over from the ResMed AirFit F20 full face mask.

I love the new Dreamwear mask but I believe there is a design flaw. After a few months use the two magnetic holes on the sides of the mask that enable the headgear to fasten to the mask, rusts and warps from within the magnetic fastening holes. Once the external flat plastic casing that houses the holes distorts and warps it shape due to internal rusting, the headgear cannot sit flush against the mast and so won't fasten securely. As warping increases the headgear will detached more and more easily. I've experienced this problem with several Dreamwear full face masks over the past six months and the issue appears to be a design flaw. If Dreamwear did away with the pin and hole design and used a magnetic headgear clip similar to the Airfit F20 there would not be an issue.

Has anyone else found this a problem?

BWChase
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear full face mask rusting & warping. Design flaw!  |  Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 pm

PAP Mask: res med air touch F20
PAP Machine: airsense 10 autos with humidifier
Pressure Setting: 7-13

i use the Dreamware FFM 2times a week with the humidifier on.
i see the metal you are talking about in the magnetic attachment.
No indication of rust on mine, used this one for 2 months on a rotation.
I would hope Philips would replace your mask.