Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Mask Seal Issues - Air Touch F20
FAQ
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:42 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

stomsf
  Unread post  Post subject: Mask Seal Issues - Air Touch F20  |  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:38 am

Hi All --

I've had my CPAP (ResMed AirSense 10 Elite) for about 2 months now and all of a sudden for the last two weeks my mask seal numbers (MyAir, I know but it's easy) are on a steady decline (below 20 for about a month to an average of 50 over the past two weeks). What I've noticed over the past few nights is I'll wake to a dry mouth; that the mask has slid up my face enough to let my mouth open below the mask. I'll wake up, pull the mask back down and go back to sleep -- but the damage has been done. My pressure settings are 4-14 mm HG.

My initial thoughts are, maybe the 30-day life on the mask is right for this reason? I keep the mask pretty pristine, clean it with a wipe every morning and detach from the headgear, then the whole thing goes into the SoClean and I refill the water in the machine.

I'll give a replacement mask a try tonight (got a spare from my Dad a couple of weekends ago) but was wondering if there might be other advice I could get. Thanks all!

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask Seal Issues - Air Touch F20  |  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

It's not mm HG for pressure....it's cm to H20 if you want to get real technical....cm for short is good enough.
Sorry for being so nit picky but it's a pet peeve of mine when people don't use correct terminology.

It might simply be the cushion is tired and needs replaced.
It might be the headgear is stretched out and/or needs replaced.
It might be that you have a hole in the circuit somewhere...so test your hose to make sure you don't have a hole or tear in it.

stomsf
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask Seal Issues - Air Touch F20  |  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:56 am

My bad Pugsy. Mea Culpa.

I'll check the hose and try a new mask tonight.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask Seal Issues - Air Touch F20  |  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:13 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

14cmh2o is 10.3 mmhg

I hope you just bought the soclean, it's a waste of money, return it and get your money back.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-you-n ... in-4171650

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask Seal Issues - Air Touch F20  |  Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:00 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

I have heard that the ozone is rough on the masks...no proof though.
Just people telling me that the cushions turn funky colors and plastic gets brittle, etc.
I wouldn't want one if someone gave it to me for free.

stomsf
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask Seal Issues - Air Touch F20  |  Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:49 am

Hi Everyone -- well the replacement of the mask and headgear did something -- my numbers improved overnight to 26 L/min. Tonight I'll see if it's just the mask (using old headgear) as an experiment.

Interesting about the SoClean/ozone, diamaunt and Pugsy -- will keep an eye on it and adjust accordingly. Appreciate your insight and opinions!