Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Bipap test vs. auto bipap? Is bipap solution to grinding?
FAQ
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:42 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Angielynn
Unread post  Post subject: Bipap test vs. auto bipap? Is bipap solution to grinding?  |  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:21 pm

PAP Mask: Philip's Dreamwear nasal cusion
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10

I've been using an auto cpap for the last month and it's okay except I grit my teeth and it's hurting my teeth. The doctor said I need a bipap because a cpap makes some people grind because of the exhale pressure. I've been trying my EPR setting and I think it's slightly better but not all better.

Has anyone gotten rid of grinding their teeth with a bipap?

He wants to send me for a sleep study to get the pressures for the bipap, but I'm wondering why I have to go through that if there are auto bipaps? Wouldn't it be better just to have a bipap unit that adjusts to my body's needs every night?

I saw this on the cpap shop and it looks like it would work like my autopap.

https://www.thecpapshop.com/resmed-aircurve-10-vauto-with-heated-humidifier

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Bipap test vs. auto bipap? Is bipap solution to grinding  |  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:07 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Angielynn wrote:
I've been using an auto cpap for the last month and it's okay except I grit my teeth and it's hurting my teeth. The doctor said I need a bipap because a cpap makes some people grind because of the exhale pressure.

news to me (only been at this 9 years so far though). always something new to learn though.

Angielynn wrote:
Wouldn't it be better just to have a bipap unit that adjusts to my body's needs every night?

Yes.

Angielynn wrote:

The VAuto is like the Resmed Autoset ... on steroids. all that the other machine has (except auto-ramp) plus more! excellent machine, don't know if it'll do anything for your teeth clenching though.

bruxism is a common side effect of untreated, or inadequately treated sleep apnea, though.