Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Uncontrollable Pressure Ramp Up in the Middle of the Night
FAQ
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:42 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

sschlangen
Unread post  Post subject: Uncontrollable Pressure Ramp Up in the Middle of the Night  |  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:34 am

Help please...I'm new to this forum but desperately seeking a solution to my problem. I have an older Respironics BiPAPAuto M Series Model 700M machine. I have crappy insurance so a new machine is not an option right now. The last 3 nights in the middle of the night my machine all of the sudden starts blowing super hard. I have to unplug the machine and plug it back in a few times before it lights up and starts working normal again. The first few times I re-plug my machine in all three button lights do a quick flash and a beep and then after a few tries the lights stay lit and the machine starts functioning normally again. Can anyone please tell me what's going on and how I can fix this situation? Many thanks in advance.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Uncontrollable Pressure Ramp Up in the Middle of the Nig  |  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:15 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Newer machines can be had from a couple members here, or craigslist, sometimes for less than what it would cost you through 'insurance'.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Uncontrollable Pressure Ramp Up in the Middle of the Nig  |  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:38 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

No idea what might be wrong and no idea how to fix it. Not a common known problem with those models. Probably something in the electronics on the inside.

You can contact acbio.com and see if they have any ideas as they repair these machines.

It's going to cost more to fix it than it is worth.

dgal
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Uncontrollable Pressure Ramp Up in the Middle of the Nig  |  Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:14 pm

You might not need to buy a new machine. Call the company and tell them what the problem is. Maybe they can fix it.