div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Dreamwear FFM Leaks Help??
FAQ
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:05 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

2bsubc
Unread post  Post subject: Dreamwear FFM Leaks Help??  |  Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:54 am

Hello everyone, I am a new user to this world after being diagnosed and am now 1 month into my use with my machine and mask.

Some critical info; my machine is a Bipap ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto and I was perscribed a Dreamwear FFM. I am currently in a size medium frame and medium padding (good term?). My machine was set up for me when i picked it up from DME. I have it set to ramp to pressure over a 30 min time frame, my programmed pressures are 13/17 (cm h20).

So here's my problem: I am still not used to the wearing of the mask......it was fitted while i was sitting in a lounge chair at the DME's office in the middle of the day but in reality when i sleep i am suffering from leaks (flutters) around the bottom mouth areas (either left or right sides) as i am a side sleeper that moves in the night and changes sides. I have also observed that seal will lift if I take a little break on my back. The leaks are really predominant after the system ramps up to full pressure plus i have noticed that when I start to drift off I think my jaw kinda relaxes and i can only assume that this is contributing to the breaking of the mask seal.

The leaks wake me and my wife and are really annoying and it has only been ranging from 30/ml to 60/ ml per min leak rate. I have not had a leak below 25ml since day 3 of use. Thinking that the mask is too loose I broke down and tightened the lower straps to secure/stop the leaks and get a better seal but I am not sure that this works (no myAir points for me!!...lol).

I'm at a loss, I really want to like this Dreamwear FFM and i'm hoping that i can get some assistance with this? Any thoughts on how to better secure a seal that will allow me to sleep through the night?

Thank you!!

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear FFM Leaks Help??  |  Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:04 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Have your tried fitting the mask for seal while laying down with the machine at full pressure? Fitted while sitting upright in a chair with no pressure is a recipe for leaks. Our face changes when we lay down.

What works well for keeping a seal at the ramp minimum starting point won't work so great at 13/17 full pressures.

Did they actually measure you for the medium "padding" which the correct term is cushion? Maybe you need a different size?????
Have you watched the videos about fitting the mask?

Here's one that is sort of a review/fitting combo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwIa3xnsDQ

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear FFM Leaks Help??  |  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:29 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Hi, I had similar issues with the seal breaking when I switch sides. I usually wake up before I move, so I found that if I hold the cushion to my face as I move I don't have to reseat my cushion. And I know that sputtering is loud and annoying, especially when it wakes you up, but I found that sometimes it just does it a little and then settles back down, and if it doesn't and it's sputtering from one side or another and not the bottom, I just shove that side of my face into my pillow and go back to sleep. Oh, and I tried the trick with the head band and it can work, just make sure not to cover the vent. If you haven't heard this one, you find a head band, I had some on hand and one had a rubberized no-slip band so I used that one, and you wear it around your head and over your mask cushion to help to hold it down. Good luck and maybe work on keeping your mouth closed to prevent the chin drop. It takes some work, but you can retrain your mouth/jaw provided that you don't have nasal congestion issues.

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear FFM Leaks Help??  |  Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:35 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low - 12 High - 25

[quote}Oh, and I tried the trick with the head band and it can work, just make sure not to cover the vent. If you haven't heard this one, you find a head band, I had some on hand and one had a rubberized no-slip band so I used that one, and you wear it around your head and over your mask cushion to help to hold it down.[/quote]

What head bands and from what company would you recommend?

lmvahl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear FFM Leaks Help??  |  Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:39 am

PAP Mask: Liberty Hybrid, Amara View, & Dreamwear FF Mask
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: ResMed Airsense 10
Pressure Setting: 10

I have the Dreamwear FFM and had a horrible time getting it to fit without leaking. I finally ended up with the cheek pads, and the pad-a-mask for Amara view mask. http://www.padacheek.com/PAC_Maskliners.html
There is also one from amazon https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Night-Mas ... B015UKM2J6
They don't fit the Dreamwear perfectly like they do the Amara View, but they work. That is what helped me to finally get the air leaks so it didn't sound like 2 10 year old boys in an armpit war. I also found that the headband idea helped too. Basically take a women's headband but use it to secure the mask around the nose. I would put the headband over my head resting onto my neck then put the mask on, then once the mask was on I would bring the headband up to the nose. The hardest part was making sure I wasn't covering the air holes which is right by the nose area.
Good luck, it is a great mask if you can finally get it to fit. I know I had a hard time getting it to work in the beginning.

pada
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamwear FFM Leaks Help??  |  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:37 am

We have a Beta DreamWear FF mask liner and it is getting good reviews so far. Feel free to contact me if you want more information.
Karen Moore