Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - New Need Help! Dreamwear Side Sleeper Struggling
FAQ
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

jimredsox
Unread post  Post subject: New Need Help! Dreamwear Side Sleeper Struggling  |  Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Been on CPAP for 1month. Im seeing benefits... wife does too with no snoring. Problem is when I am sleeping on my side I lose the suction. The machine touts that the air flow will simply go through the opposite side of mask. I don't experience this.
I saw the youtube review jason presented. He buried his head in a pillow. maybe I don't have the mask on tight enough? Or is this a problem with the mask?
If so do you recommend Swift FX Nano for side sleeper?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Need Help! Dreamwear Side Sleeper Struggling  |  Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:58 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Which Dreamwear...the under the nose cushion or the gel nasal pillows?

It's not suction...quite the opposite it is inflation and I have used the DreamWear and I am primarily a side sleeper and I didn't experience any lack of air movement because of compressing the side that is down.

And what is your pressure setting?

That said...the Nano is a nice over the nose cushion mask and it will work fine for side sleepers so if it looks interesting to you then try it.
You might like it a lot or you might not but you won't ever know which it is until you try it.

jimredsox
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Need Help! Dreamwear Side Sleeper Struggling  |  Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:34 am

hI. Thanks so much for the reply.
Nose cushion.
Point taken I didn't describe the airflow well.
Not sure of the pressure setting the person that set up the machine for me stated it was set to "automatic" I think between 4 and 20 (sound right?)
The little app that comes with it says I am doing well. However I do wake up in the middle of the night consistently when I roll over on my side.
Thanks for sharing your experience... maybe I dont have the strap tight enough. I lose suction on the pillow side as well as feel a thrust of air from the "up side"

Question on purchasing head gear.... what do you recommend... can I just purchase on amazon or do I need to go through the oxygen company for a fitting?

Thanks so much. I appreciate answering the questions.

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Need Help! Dreamwear Side Sleeper Struggling  |  Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:33 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Hi, you can purchase from anywhere you like. Have you tried the different sizes of cushion? I believe the DreamWear is supposed to come with all sizes and a standard sized headgear. If you feel the headgear is to blame, try the smaller size before giving up if this is your only issue with the mask. I like the Swift FX Nano and am generally a side-sleeper. Just beware of burying your face in the pillow with the Nano, I lost my seal when I did that.

Ifeelwaybetter
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Need Help! Dreamwear Side Sleeper Struggling  |  Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:08 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto
Humidifier: Adaptive, Heated Tube
Pressure Setting: 9.0 - 15.5

I had the same problem when I was using Dreamwear. Found that the pillow I was using was way too firm and squishing the tubing. Yes, the air pressure can get through the other tube but it definitely feels different and seems to get louder. It used to wake me up. I switched to a softer pillow and it was much better. Not an endorsement, but I bought a “My Pillow” from that guy on TV. He makes a lot of goofy claims like the pillow will cure sleep apnea, stop snoring, etc., which is rubish. But it is comfortable and works well with crap masks....so I like it. As I’m also a side sleeper I switched to the resmed P10. I really like it and find it works way better than the dreamwear. Cheers.

Lisalisacats
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Need Help! Dreamwear Side Sleeper Struggling  |  Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:14 pm

PAP Mask: Respironics DreamWear Gel Pillow - FitPack-1124984
PAP Machine: DreamStation 500 Auto

I'm a side sleeper...tried to sleep on my back and couldn't sleep at all. I use https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1 from amazon. I buy all my supplies from amazon since my insurance doesn't pay for any of them. I've tried the pillows - went from medium to small...and then the nasal cushion. I actually go back and forth. The medium pillows actually gave me a sore on the inside of one nostril. In comparing prices I paid less than half of what you pay if you go through other on-line stores. When I was first diagnosed my insurance paid for 80%...but like I said....not anymore.