Get the best CPAP supplies today with free shipping at CheapCPAPSupplies.com Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - I made some changes - any advice?
FAQ
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

tjwoody
Unread post  Post subject: I made some changes - any advice?  |  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:19 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20, Amara View (primary mask)
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics Dreamstation autoSV
Humidifier: Dreamstation humidifier
Pressure Setting: Max ipap - 28.0, Epap 8.0-15.0, PS 0-20

This is a continuation/refresh of my topic in this forum "advice needed".

OK, I took Pugsy's advice and changed my PS from 0-20 to 4-20. I've been on that for 17 days and my AHI has lowered to 9.1 running 14 day average from a low of 10.3 for 1 2 week period to a high of 12, so the change to therapy was successful. I have had two days below 5 and several below 10. I'd really like to get consistently below 5. My other numbers are ipap max 28, epap 8-15. Currently my machine shows epap 90% of 11 for the last 30 days. I am considering changing the epap min to 10 or so. And I'd be interested in what others think about that.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I made some changes - any advice?  |  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:26 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

No...don't raise the EPAP. If anything lower the EPAP min to 4 or 5. Good call on the PS min to 4.

In Sleepyhead be sure to check for signs of leaking, mask or mouth. Look for inconsistent spikes or trends upward or downward. Then would correspond with increases in flagged events.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

tjwoody
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I made some changes - any advice?  |  Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:08 pm

TheLankyLefty wrote:
No...don't raise the EPAP. If anything lower the EPAP min to 4 or 5. Good call on the PS min to 4.

In Sleepyhead be sure to check for signs of leaking, mask or mouth. Look for inconsistent spikes or trends upward or downward. Then would correspond with increases in flagged events.

I’d love to use sleepyhead, but it’s not currently compatible with the respironics Dreamstation AutoSV that I have. I’m kind of groping around in the shadows. Not quite totally in the dark, but close.

CobaltSky
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I made some changes - any advice?  |  Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:24 am

PAP Mask: Aitfit P10 or Dreamwear (with a headband over lips)
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: Integrated but without climateline hose
Pressure Setting: 9-13

tjwoody wrote:
TheLankyLefty wrote:

I’d love to use sleepyhead, but it’s not currently compatible with the respironics Dreamstation AutoSV that I have. I’m kind of groping around in the shadows. Not quite totally in the dark, but close.

Try using Encore Pro 2 version 2.20

tjwoody
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I made some changes - any advice?  |  Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm

CobaltSky wrote:
tjwoody wrote:
TheLankyLefty wrote:

Try using Encore Pro 2 version 2.20

I’d love to, but I have a Mac so I can’t run encore.