Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Help for my NOSE!!!! Skin breakdown issues
FAQ
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:42 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

jaw2004
Unread post  Post subject: Help for my NOSE!!!! Skin breakdown issues  |  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:36 pm

PAP Mask: Respironics Dreamwear Nasal mask/Quattro FX for Her mask/Amara View
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 for Her
Pressure Setting: APAP... standard algorithim 9-14

I apologize in advance if this question is answered somewhere else. I've tried doing several searches but just didn't come up with an answer.

I have tried several masks....thank goodness for return insurance for some of them! As much as I wanted the Dreamwear to work, it leaks too much on me, even with the small frame and cushion. Have been using the Amara View, but it still leaks and the fit around the nose gets 'weird.' I also had to switch out the Phillips headgear with a ResMed headgear that fit me better, because Phillips only makes a 'regular' and large.

I tried the F20 and LOVE it. I've tried both the AirFit and the AirTouch masks....they fit great and virtually no leaks. I originally thought maybe the AirTouch memory foam would be better than the silicone AirFit...yet after about 3 nights, it seems even more harsh and scratchy on my nose. But, with the F20, my AHI is finally consistently under 5, so I want to stick with this one for awhile. I think I am finally sleeping like I should, except for one remaining problem: one side of the bridge of my nose is rubbed RAW after only 1-2 nights of either cushion. I have tried the Boomerang pad, but it was way too thick...and CAUSED leaks. I've tried mask liners...too thin & didn't help.

What do you all suggest? Currently, I'm using some thin, silicone "scar remover" sheets, but they aren't really doing the trick, either. Unfortunately, I know my reading glasses are aggravating the spot during the daytime, so I've taken up the "granny" look with my glasses on the end of my nose!

I've tried a few nasal pillows or cushions, but when my pressure kicks up it comes out my mouth. I've tried taping my mouth, and it's the best by far...but if I need to cough before I fall asleep....PANIC!

So I want to try and stick with the F20 for now. I don't notice the mask. It's the sore bridge of my nose that wakes me up. Suggestions?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help for my NOSE!!!! Skin breakdown issues  |  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:37 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 11-15

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Gecko-Nasal-Pad.html

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/boomer ... -cpap.html

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-liq ... -pack.html

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help for my NOSE!!!! Skin breakdown issues  |  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Hi jaw2004, I suggest the Liquicell nasal pads. It's the 3rd link LSAT gave. They are thin, but have a bubble of liquid that protects your nose bridge from your mask cushion.

jaw2004
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help for my NOSE!!!! Skin breakdown issues  |  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:31 pm

LSAT wrote:

I already tried the Boomerang and it was too thick. I'll give the liqucell a try....I hope I can manage to re-use them more than once. Price is a bit steep for one time use.

jaw2004
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Help for my NOSE!!!! Skin breakdown issues  |  Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 pm

cindyY wrote:
Hi jaw2004, I suggest the Liquicell nasal pads. It's the 3rd link LSAT gave. They are thin, but have a bubble of liquid that protects your nose bridge from your mask cushion.

Thanks...that is helpful information. At the price, I may continue to see what I can come up with on my own in the first aid aisle.