FAQ
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:23 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

ToothyGrin
Unread post  Post subject: Advice understanding Apria  |  Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:55 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10
Pressure Setting: 4-20

My HMO only uses Apria, and I picked my CPAP up at their location in a town 30 min from here. An RT showed me how to use it, and gave me a list of when mask, tubing, etc. Need to be changed.

I signed a sales,rental,service agreement with them.

However
1. I don't see any charges on my credit card for my copay for the rental unit.
2. I can't see how to order the new supplies. Their website only seems to allow ordering on cash and carry basis.

I wrote them via their website "email us" 2 times, with no answer.

Sending them email requires giving your account number, but none of the paperwork of my signed contracts states "account number"
They have a ship to code that's 3 letters followed by 3 numbers.

I'm too busy to wait the 24 to 34 minutes for the next rep. to answer my call. I've tried to at work but can't stay on a phone call that long.

Can anyone suggest how to find my account number, get supplies from them?

I'm so grateful for any ideas! :)

hoserdude
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice understanding Apria  |  Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:17 pm

PAP Mask: Philips Dreamwear under nose Nasal mask
PAP Machine: Resmed aircurve 10 ST bipap
Humidifier: resmed heated
Pressure Setting: Ipap17 /Epap 15

With Apria you have entered a coding and billing nightmare where you will never get the same answer from any two people that work there and whatever they tell you should never be counted as the definitive solution. The only department you can generally get hold of is the supply ordering department. Don't give them access to your credit card only pay as you go when you get a printed bill (that usually makes no sense) As you can tell I have not had much luck with them but can advise that you document every person, date, subject matter, and outcome each and every time you speak or email anyone in the company. That still probably wont help in the matter of a conflict but it might if you are persistent. Another option depending on your hmo is Amazon or online cpap supply stores. Good luck.

ToothyGrin
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice understanding Apria  |  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:45 am

Hoserdude thanks for describing the ugly truth. By coincidence I received a sales ordering person's call yesterday. She was responding to a voicemail I had left when calling Customer Service.

She explained the schedule I should have for receiving filters, hoses, etc in accordance to my insurance's allowed amounts.

It was great. She told me my account number, which didn't actually appear on the service contract I signed with them.

She recommended using the supply ordering dept for ordering and general information or connection to correct people.

I hope it's not as much of a run around that you describe.

I'll close this question since I have what I was looking for.

david8180
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice understanding Apria  |  Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:01 pm

PAP Mask: Airfit F20
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: Aircurve

I feel for you having only them as an option. Before getting my CPAP machine my doctor referred me to them. For some reason I saw reviews on my HMO's website about them as a provider. Not good! I then looked them up on BBB. They have an F rating with, at the time, 240 unresolved complaints and 850 closed complaints.
I then insisted my doctors office refer me to another provider in our city.
Good luck. Like the others said, document everything, then complain to you medical insurance provider.

ToothyGrin
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Advice understanding Apria  |  Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 am

THANKS ALL, I GOT THROUGH AND APRIA IS HELPING ME.

I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO CLOSE A TOPIC IF I'VE STARTED IT.