728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Mask issues/ compliance/ endoscopy
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:08 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Jerseyguy
Unread post  Post subject: Mask issues/ compliance/ endoscopy  |  Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Eson
PAP Machine: Resmed A10 autoset
Humidifier: Built in to machine
Pressure Setting: 4-15

Been using cpap since Holloween and I've had a couple of times where I've slept thru the night. Most nights I take it off not knowing that I've done it. Had two nasal pillow masks (swift fx and the airset p10) and now I'm on the eson. Can't seem to keep it on all night. Some days I've woken up and have been able to use it while awake enough to reach 4 hours. But not sure I'm going to be complaint with my insurance. My worst fear is I'm having an endoscopy on Monday and I fear if it comes off Monday night I could be in trouble. Has anyone had a endoscopy with propofol? I've told them about my sleep apnea and I plan to try to have a decent talk with the anestigologist about it but still worried.

My osa is technically mild because it only happens like 5/ 6 times an hour but my length has been as much as 2 minutes

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues/ compliance/ endoscopy  |  Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:06 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

I've had propofol and versed without problems. Just make sure your doctor/anesthesiologist knows about your OSA. Why would you be more in trouble Monday night vs any other night?

Jerseyguy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues/ compliance/ endoscopy  |  Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 am

PAP Mask: F&P Eson
PAP Machine: Resmed A10 autoset
Humidifier: Built in to machine
Pressure Setting: 4-15

I've read that Propofol can stay in your system and cause breathing problems that night. I'm hoping that my OSA is better than what it was before. My sleep study was done in October 2016 and since then I've stopped using Ambien and have lost 60 lbs. I was on cpap shortly after that but I failed it and insurance wanted it back. Perhaps my doc would have gotten me another sleep study but I rushed him because I was anxious about being untreated