728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - 3 Weeks on CPAP I am still taking the mask off most nights
FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Jer1970
Unread post  Post subject: 3 Weeks on CPAP I am still taking the mask off most nights  |  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:01 pm

PAP Mask: Nuance Pro Gel Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: Dreamstation auto Respironics
Humidifier: Heated dreamstation respironics
Pressure Setting: 16

I have been on therapy just over 3 weeks I am using the Dreamstation setting is 16 I’m taking the mask off at night most nights I have tried 2 masks the nuance pro and the wisp mask I prefer the nuance but have been using the wisp as the pressure seems to cause more leaks with the nuance. I can tell a big difference on the nights I don’t take the mask off.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 3 Weeks on CPAP I am still taking the mask off most nigh  |  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:40 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

So why are you taking it off? Doing it during the night and don't remember?
That's fairly common...the brain wants the alien gone from the face.
We usually suggest that people tape the side straps to the skin on the cheeks in hopes that the minor discomfort from the tape pulling on the skin will cause the person to wake up enough to stop the unwanted behavior of removing the mask.

Now if you are waking up enough to know what you are doing and you are having comfort issues or something like that...then those issues need to be addressed.

Jer1970
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 3 Weeks on CPAP I am still taking the mask off most nigh  |  Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:01 pm

PAP Mask: Nuance Pro Gel Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: Dreamstation auto Respironics
Humidifier: Heated dreamstation respironics
Pressure Setting: 16

Pugsy I have had some success taping them on I find the whole setup uncomfortable as well I will check into some other masks as well because I dislike them both. Thanks for your advice it is appreciated.

BillyHW
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 3 Weeks on CPAP I am still taking the mask off most nigh  |  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:18 am

PAP Mask: F&P Simplus
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation Auto
Pressure Setting: 12 to 20 cmH2O

In my case the urge to take off the mask went away after a few weeks and I got used to it.

Now I breathe so much easier with it on that I find myself quickly reaching for it if it ever comes off.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 3 Weeks on CPAP I am still taking the mask off most nigh  |  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

If you dislike your mask options right now....go get another option to try.
I won't spend much time on a mask that I don't care for or dislike. I move pretty quickly on to something else.

The Wisp...I only lasted 90 minutes with it one night and it came off to never touch my face again...long story there.
And the Nuance...actually the pillows are quite nice but the headgear leaves a lot to be desired IMHO...and for that reason the Nuance doesn't really rank in my list of masks that I would use...now I could use it but since I don't really care for the headgear why should I use it when there are other masks out there that the headgear suits my needs or preferences better.

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 3 Weeks on CPAP I am still taking the mask off most nigh  |  Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:29 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

During my titration study, the tech started me off with the Nuance pillows, but couldn't stop them from leaking so he switched to the Swift FX pillows which worked fine. Since then I have switched to the AirFit P10, same shape of pillows so still working fine, but the P10 is more quiet than the FX. The DreamWear nasal pillow mask is supposed to have the same pillows as the Nuance, so if your issue is the pillows not the headgear, I wouldn't bother trying the DreamWear pillow. The nasal cushion mask is supposed to be really good, though.

bnelsonr
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 3 Weeks on CPAP I am still taking the mask off most nigh  |  Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:50 am

I have found the DreamWare Cushion mask to be the best I have tried over the 17 years I have used the C-pap. It is the least invasive mask I have seen. Only one strap around the head.

robc866
Unread post  Post subject: Re: 3 Weeks on CPAP I am still taking the mask off most nigh  |  Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:18 pm

PAP Mask: Respironics Dreamwear
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 8-20

Try the Respironics Dreamwear Under the Nose Mask

I had my sleep study 8 years ago and used my machine for a total of 8 days because i couldn't get used to the nasal mask. The machine sat in my closet until January of this year when I couldnt take being tired any more. Found this mask and now i am a new man.