FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:26 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Sarajd22
Unread post  Post subject: A couple more questions for the newbie  |  Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Ok ill probably get annoying with all my questions, but is ordering off of amazon ok? It’s way cheaper and I would get it faster,but they don’t need a prescription according to a couple vendors which makes me nervous since other site require one. Ive ordered from amazon a ton of times but usually do prime and its not offered on any of the listings for the machine i want. Also, Battery packs who all has one? I’m going to order the Resmed Airsense AutoSet for her. I saw that the pilot-24 had good reviews. We camp a lot with out hookups so need something that will last all night. It would be even better if i could use the humidifier also because I already get congested a lot and I hear that helps tremendously. I’m looking at the resmed p10 nasal pillow, but wish the hose swiveled off of it as i liked that on the one i had for my week test run i did, that way i can swing tube up over my head ;) I’m thinking of trying that one and the dreamware nasal mask. Unless anyone else has a good recommendation on a slime none existent mask ;)

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: A couple more questions for the newbie  |  Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:46 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

The machine you are looking at comes with free shipping...you don't need prime. You are buying from a 3rd party, through Amazon. No prescription needed. Power sources... https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... curve.html

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: A couple more questions for the newbie  |  Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:50 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

I've done it... :shrugs:

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: A couple more questions for the newbie  |  Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:22 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

If you want a nasal pillow mask with a swivel have you looked at the ResMed Swift FX?
The pillows are very similar to the P10 but the hose swivels more at the attaching point.
Though to be honest...I have use both the Swift FX and the P10 and I have never missed the swivel on the P10. The hose is so flexible it hasn't ever been a problem or missed.
It can even be routed up and attached on the top strap with just a little bit of DIYing.

Sarajd22
Unread post  Post subject: Re: A couple more questions for the newbie  |  Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Ok great thanks guys LSAT that’s the battery I saw on amazon and it’s half the price there. Think I’ll order it. I just know if it’s not prime returns can be bad if it comes broke etc. the machine if I need to return they want 20% fee for return so that made me curious also :) and for the let’s rip part I thought no matter where in us it’s from you needed a perscription so glad to know it’s fine :)

ShiftWorker
Unread post  Post subject: Re: A couple more questions for the newbie  |  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:32 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: Integrated
Pressure Setting: 6/15/0/19/25

Sarajd22,
I have purchased a machine and several masks from Amazon vendors and have yet to have a problem with any of the purchases, I purchased a PR Dreamstation as a back up machine, then found out I needed to go with an ASV unit, turned out my sister in law needed a new machine, I gave her my Dreamstation and she has been using it for about 8 months and has no problems.
Just my two cents worth about my Amazon cpap purchases