Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Mask issues and new BPAP user.
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

matusl
Unread post  Post subject: Mask issues and new BPAP user.  |  Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:12 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit F20 FF
PAP Machine: ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO
Humidifier: Heated with Heated Tube
Pressure Setting: 19/13 with 15 min ramp

OK, so i had great success with a RESMED Airfit F20 however i developed a blister on the bridge of my nose after the first night of use.
I tried the SleepWeaver (cloth) Anew FF mask but it would not seal very well and i tried all the tricks....did not sleep well at all.
Going back to the DME to try the foam seal used with the Airtouch from RESMED.....anyone try both and have an opinion or
actual comparison between them?

Thanks

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues and new BPAP user.  |  Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 11-15

How about just a band aid or a nose pad. If the mask was comfortable, why change it?

matusl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues and new BPAP user.  |  Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Going to try that tonight but was hoping for relief with the cloth mask..i'll see if i can tolerate the situation....already have the band aid on the bridge....Thanks!

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues and new BPAP user.  |  Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:32 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

An actual blister, or a sore? A blister would be caused by a constant rubbing which would likely mean your mask was too loose. If it was a sore your mask might be too tight, or just ill-fitting. Either situation might be remedied by a mask liner. The liquicell nasal cushions worked better for me than a Band-Aid did. I did wear the AirFit and the AirTouch. The AirTouch was slightly better than the AirFit, but for the extra cost of having to replace the cushion more often, I didn't find the benefit worth it. But that's me. Others have loved the AirTouch. My suggestion would be that before you order the AirTouch, try the mask liner with the AirFit, you can still use the mask liner if you do decide to buy the AirTouch, it may extend the life of the memory foam.

matusl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues and new BPAP user.  |  Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:46 pm

Thanks for the replies....yes, an actual blister which surprised me. Just got up after 4 1/2 hrs of sleep and it's still sore but i'll see how it feels after a break.
The mask did not leak except when i tugged it during adjustment. Other than the blister i really like this process!

matusl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues and new BPAP user.  |  Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Band Aid worked great except my sleep report gave me a zero (bad) on mask leakage but with an AHI of under one. This was after 4 1/2 hours of usage!
Does this sound logical? I really could not feel any leakage except for a few times and these were quickly corrected. My AHI's were over 37 during the sleep study so i'm wondering if the ResMed MyAir program had some errors?
Certainly the addition of the band air could not have cause this?

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues and new BPAP user.  |  Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:43 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

The difference in your AHI is because CPAP is working for you. This is what is supposed to happen. I think if you were leaking from your nose bridge due to the Band-Aid you would probably have felt blowing on your eyes. And myAir isn't really helpful if you want to see what went on while you slept. For detailed information, you'll want to download SleepyHead. It could just be that you pulled your mask away from your face and had a really large leak while you were adjusting a smaller leak. But to know for sure, I suggest SleepyHead.

matusl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues and new BPAP user.  |  Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:12 am

RE; the AHI i'm pleased and that indicates that things are working well regardless of "fit" report. I have downloaded the Sleepyhead program and just need to transfer the data from the SD card ...Thanks Again!

matusl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask issues and new BPAP user.  |  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:42 am

DME suggested the AMARA VIEW which seems to have solved the issue of leakage and nose damage. Seal reports have been good with 19/13 pressures but i'm still adjusting the straps for achieving a better comfort fit & seal....guess you can put me in the happy camper category now!!!