FAQ
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

nachmane
Unread post  Post subject: Best full face masks for beard  |  Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:49 am

Hello, I just joined the Forum. I have a full beard and am a mouth breather. I now need only a 5 setting on my cpap.
What are the best full face masks for me. The Fisher and Peykal under the chin masks seem promising ( I have a goatee and my beard is thick and med long under the chin). I currently use the Quattro Ultra Mirage and the Weinmann Joyce Full Face Vented masks.
I'd like fewer leaks and less irritation in the under the lip/goatee area. There are so many opinions on the product site reviews. I am confused.
Thanks for this opportunity.
Nachmane :?:

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Best full face masks for beard  |  Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:01 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

OK, you can scroll a little down the page and read the post Best Full Face Mask for Facial Hair, or you can use the search box and type in "facial hair full face mask". Either one will tell you that you are going to have leaks with facial hair, but the ResMed AirFit/AirTouch F20, Simplus, Amara View, or the cloth SleepWeaver Anew mask may work best for you. Masks are highly personal and it is a trial and error process. If you have a DME see if you can try them on there, if buying online, get the return insurance, you may have to purchase it, but if you have to go through all of them to find one that you like, it will be worth it in the end.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Best full face masks for beard  |  Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:51 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

I don't know if a mask liner would help or make the situation worse.
From what I have read a lot depends on the condition of the hair. Coarse thick hair is going to be harder to tame.

People do it though.
I know one guy with a big bushy Santa Claus beard who uses a full face mask quite successfully.

It's going to be trial and error. You are just going to have to keep trying till you find one that works well for you.

OldSarge
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Best full face masks for beard  |  Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:59 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro FX
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 11-16

I use the Quattro FX with my beard. I cut it when I feel like it. Last time I cut it, it was a year's growth of big thick beard. No problem, no leaks.