div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank
FAQ
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

garagelogician
Unread post  Post subject: ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank  |  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:11 am

PAP Mask: Primary: ResMed Airfit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: Integrated, Auto setting with ClimateLine heated tube
Pressure Setting: 13-18

The humidifier tank on my ResMed AirSense 10 (only a couple months old) just sprung a leak last night. It happened on the seam near the bottom of the tank. See video of the leak here: https://youtu.be/kcNSaqvZyFA

Has anyone had this happen before? Would this be covered under warranty? I bought it from an online vendor.

cpap401
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank  |  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:40 pm

PAP Mask: resmed Quattro fx
PAP Machine: resmed airsense 10 autoset

WOW. I just watched your video, I have not seen that before.

Bronty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank  |  Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:59 pm

PAP Mask: Many - Mask Collector, Currently Phillips Nuance Pro
PAP Machine: Many - Machine Collector, Currently ResMed AirCurve 10
Humidifier: Built-In Humidifier with Heated Hose/SoClean2/HurricaneDryer/MaskBright
Pressure Setting: IPAP(min) = 13, EPAP(min) = 6, PS = 4 PS cm H20

Wow that's crazy. Must have split on the seam.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank  |  Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:12 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Hopefully there is a warranty where you can get a replacement quickly.

That was crazy!

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

garagelogician
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank  |  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:15 pm

PAP Mask: Primary: ResMed Airfit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: Integrated, Auto setting with ClimateLine heated tube
Pressure Setting: 13-18

Well... I neglected to see about getting that one replaced under warranty. I just purchased another one online and hoped for the best.

Now, a little over 4 months later (and past the 90 day manufacturer warranty period)... the replacement sprung a leak as well. This time in the same place, but it is showing signs of stress cracks as well, rather than just the glue joint coming apart.

I always wash and dry my tank by hand in warm water, and I've never dropped it or been rough with it. The only cleaning products I use are either Ivory dish soap or citrus CPAP cleaner.

So I'm getting yet another one shipped overnight. Has anyone else had this issue at all? Or am I the only unlucky one? I'm going to wash this next one in only Ivory dish soap, to see if that has any better results.

oncomingspork
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank  |  Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:18 pm

PAP Mask: Airfit P10 For Her
PAP Machine: Dreamstation Auto
Humidifier: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 10

2 in a row sounds like a manufacturing defect. The tanks you're stuck with might be reparable if you can find food-safe (or aquarium-safe, same thing) adhesive. An epoxy of some kind perhaps.

Chip McDonald
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank  |  Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:20 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal cushion
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset climateline
Humidifier: Humidair
Pressure Setting: 8

I've been reading about this happening all over the internet, and in a lot of Amazon reviews for tanks....

So I'm wondering - where do I get a duplicate tank that is "official" or tried and true by people here?

I'm very dismayed that I just spent a bunch of money for a Resmed product, but apparently their web site is geared towards DMEs and it's totally unclear as to where on buys actual "verifiable" Resmed products since "distributors" seem to be selling a mix of after market parts.

So now I'm going to be terrified my water tank any day will decide to split and short out my $750 investment. Great.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank  |  Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:29 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

I have bought 2 water chambers from Amazon sellers.
They are the real deal ResMed product...not aftermarket.
Mostly those sellers are just DMEs doing a side business on the internet.

I have had 2 water chambers leak...both times my fault...dropped it on the floor and it damaged the seal. Doesn't take but a tiny bump against something (like the corner of the chamber against the sink) to break that seal. My leaks were minimal...but my fault. Once was a drop on the hard wood floor and the other the darn thing just flew out of my hand across the room onto the hardwood floor.

I do keep a spare on hand since I am obviously known to be clumsy.

As far as I know there's no market for generic chambers and what I have seen on EBay and Amazon are the real deal. Same box as I would get if I went to my DME and got one and paid twice the price.

Chip McDonald
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed AirSense 10 Leaking Humidifier Tank  |  Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:24 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal cushion
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset climateline
Humidifier: Humidair
Pressure Setting: 8

Pugsy wrote:

As far as I know there's no market for generic chambers and what I have seen on EBay and Amazon are the real deal. Same box as I would get if I went to my DME and got one and paid twice the price.

I've seen them on Chinese sites, but not typically hyper cheap. They seem to be hung up on making S9 and S8 clones at the moment, though...