id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Airfit F20 (L) - Connector air leakage?
FAQ
It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 8:12 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

brandonpfn
Unread post  Post subject: Airfit F20 (L) - Connector air leakage?  |  Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:52 am

PAP Mask: Flexifit 431 (Fisher & Paykel)
PAP Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 CPAP
Humidifier: built in humidifier
Pressure Setting: starts at 4, goes to 7

Hey folks - anyone have any familiarity with the F20? I try to get a few more months out of the mask beyond what my insurance provider provides, but it's getting close to 3 months in on average and I start noticing some air leakage. It's not too bad since i wear ear plugs, but its noticeable, and i assume the mask is no longer delivering the target pressure set on the machine (Airsense 10) Not to mention unappreciated noise for the Mrs.

I think the problem is related to the hose-mask connector (right-angle piece). I have called at least twice to my insurance provider over the last year or so to replace this part...they end up sending me a whole new mask, but even that is limited to every 6 months. I

So the leakage I would say is relatively low, but definitely noticeable. And when I get a new mask, there's no leakage certainly for the first month. Just wondering if this is a known defect or typical for this mask?

I do regular daily and weekly cleaning of the mask and connector respectively. I also make sure the connector part is dry before connecting it again.

Any info appreciated. Thank you,

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airfit F20 (L) - Connector air leakage?  |  Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:28 am

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: Required to start over on ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
Humidifier: HumidAir and Heated hose
Pressure Setting: Auto PAP 7-14, EPR full time 3

I've used the ResMed F20 mask. Some others that use it get several months while others barely get by with the allowed replacement times.

I'm trying to decipher what info you're giving, as some is a bit confusing. You say the insurance provider, but then mention they send mask parts. In actuality this is the DME, the supplier, the one that sells the PAP mask parts and bills the insurance according to the schedule. OK they makes sense now.

Next, the hose elbow should have some built-in leak as it has the exhale vent. So I really don't think this is the issue. When I've used this mask, I had problems with leaks at the cushion and due to poor fit. The cushion needs replaced if you cannot control leaks within a certain acceptable range. As there's no OSCAR data I'll assume it's leaking enough to cause PAP issues on not being able to apply enough air to you. Enough meaning it can't supply air to treat. Leaks that are high means the PAP can't treat and can't sense events accurately.

Given this, you should probably replace the cushion. You do mention about replacing with a new mask and leaks are controlled for a time then it's leaking. I'd say the leaks indicate it's now worn enough to need replacing.

Take note, lots of users of this mask adjust it very tight to try to control leaks and it's actually wrong to do so. If this mask can't be adjusted and not be tight involving discomfort or pain, then it's not the right mask. If mask parts are wearing out fast, this is likely the problem.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

brandonpfn
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airfit F20 (L) - Connector air leakage?  |  Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:45 am

PAP Mask: Flexifit 431 (Fisher & Paykel)
PAP Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 CPAP
Humidifier: built in humidifier
Pressure Setting: starts at 4, goes to 7

Thanks -

It's not uncomfortable, and its my favorite that I've tried so far...had the F10 for awhile before hand and that was not as comfortable...but honestly didn't have a leakage issue come up with that one. When I replace the elbow piece, the leakage stops and its near silent (only sound I hear is the machine). Same situation with a new mask of course.

So I guess my question is - does anyone get a 6 month cycle without leakage on an F20?

BTW, unrelated, I've had to replace the Airsense at least twice due to a 'wheezing' sound that occurs. Insurance covers it but thought I'd mention it. I have been using CPAP for I think 7 years now.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airfit F20 (L) - Connector air leakage?  |  Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:42 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: Required to start over on ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
Humidifier: HumidAir and Heated hose
Pressure Setting: Auto PAP 7-14, EPR full time 3

For myself there was too much uncontrolled leakage with the F20. I moved on to Fisher and Paykel Vitera. I can get that to minimal leaks with very light strap tension.

The wheezing noise on a ResMed is likely pointed to some block issue on the blower motor. I think it was limited to a certain machine batch.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization