Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Airsense 10 and pressure
FAQ
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:05 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

jkashley1234
  Unread post  Post subject: Airsense 10 and pressure  |  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:04 am

I'm new to the cpap world. I've been on it for about a month. The first week was great. The machine regulated pressure low enough when I was trying to fall asleep so I could, well, fall asleep. After the first week though higher pressures started kicking in before I fully went to sleep which caused me to wake back up, this pressure would never go back down, even when I did the suggested "stop" "start" button of the machine. I took it to the business who sold it to me, explained the situation, and asked if they could lower the starting pressure. I was told it was set at 4 when I left the first time, but the machine started reading 5 after the first week. She set it back to 4. The first night was good to go again, but over the last week it has continued to kick into high pressure again soon as i'm almost asleep. I can't get it to set back to a low pressure to fall asleep, and therefore, I can't wear it because it's keeping me awake. I can't focus on trying to breath and sleep at the same time. I'm aggravated because the first week it was great but now it's not, and I'm not sure what to do. I can't find anywhere on the internet that tells me how to get the pressure to stay at a low level until I'm asleep. Any help would be appreciated.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Airsense 10 and pressure  |  Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Do you know how to go into the clinical setup menu area and check to see what it is set at in terms of the ramp and other settings?
If not...go here and request the manual and read up on how to get in there.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

I am wondering if the ramp is set to Auto so that as soon as it thinks you are asleep in increases the pressure and maybe it thinks you are asleep but you aren't quite there yet.