Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Cleaning mask, hose and humidifier-How often and how survey
FAQ
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:57 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Shirley
Unread post  Post subject: Cleaning mask, hose and humidifier-How often and how survey  |  Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:39 pm

PAP Mask: nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed P10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10/17

How often are folks cleaning their masks, hoses and water tanks? Just a survey and looking for best ways.

Does anyone have one of those sanitizers?

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Cleaning mask, hose and humidifier-How often and how sur  |  Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:30 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Shirley wrote:

Only the gullible.

They're not recommended, and they don't do anything helpful:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-you-n ... in-4171650

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Cleaning mask, hose and humidifier-How often and how sur  |  Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:46 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Manufacterers recommend dishwashing detergent and warm water

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Cleaning mask, hose and humidifier-How often and how sur  |  Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:02 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Shirley wrote:
How often are folks cleaning their masks, hoses and water tanks? Just a survey and looking for best ways.

I wash my mask every day, right before bed, I don't want to get up any earlier than I already do to wash it in the morning; my frame and headgear I try for once a week, but it ends up every two weeks a lot, this I wash on one of my days off in the morning; my hose almost never; and the humidifier tank about twice a month, unless it's getting a lot of deposits or I sleep so long the water runs out, I just dump out the water every morning and let it air dry.

I've been doing this for about a year, been on xpap for over a year and a half, haven't had any problems so far.

BWChase
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Cleaning mask, hose and humidifier-How often and how sur  |  Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:34 pm

PAP Mask: res med air touch F20
PAP Machine: airsense 10 autos with humidifier
Pressure Setting: 7-13

I use one of the commercial ozone cleaner units twice a week, and clean the mask each day prior to use.
Due to skin sensitivity I rotate between F20 air touch, dreamwear ffm and dreamware nasal. Ozone does not seem to have a bad effect one the rubber in the air touch.
May need to try that bleep nasal mask when it comes out!

wildcard
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Cleaning mask, hose and humidifier-How often and how sur  |  Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:49 pm

PAP Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
PAP Machine: Resmed Aircurve S10 Vauto
Humidifier: Resmed
Pressure Setting: Min Epap 12 Max Ipap 25 PS 4

I try and clean all of my equipment once every week. Sometimes I do let it go a little longer due to work schedule. I get up at 6 am and don't have a lot of time in the morning.

mbushnoe
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Cleaning mask, hose and humidifier-How often and how sur  |  Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:21 pm

BWChase wrote:
I use one of the commercial ozone cleaner units twice a week, and clean the mask each day prior to use.
Due to skin sensitivity I rotate between F20 air touch, dreamwear ffm and dreamware nasal. Ozone does not seem to have a bad effect one the rubber in the air touch.
May need to try that bleep nasal mask when it comes out!

Just to clarify, do you mean the memory foam in the AirTouch? I'm legitimately curious on how that holds up vs. various cleaning methods.