Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy.
FAQ
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:06 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Figgy15
Unread post  Post subject: Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy.  |  Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:03 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AutoSense 10
Pressure Setting: 6-14cmH20

Hello all. So I've been on CPAP now for just over a month and am about to have my first followup with my doctor tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out how to read sleephead data. Right now i'm on 5-20 therapy level using Dreamwear Nasal Mask (non-pillow). According to ResMed app, I am averaging 4-5 times mask coming off. And getting good amount of leakage. I've attached my most recent sleephead data along with what ResMed app caught. I would appreciate any kind of interpretation so that I know what to expect from my doctor tomorrow. THank you to all who can help with this!

Attachment:
Image-1-2.jpg
Image-1-2.jpg [ 365.61 KiB | Viewed 696 times ]
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 4.55.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 4.55.49 PM.png [ 791.23 KiB | Viewed 696 times ]

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy.  |  Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:03 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Start with increasing your minimum pressure to 7. Go to 6 for a couple days then to 7 and see what that does for you

Figgy15
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy.  |  Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Should I bring the Max of 20 down? I saw a video from LeftyLanky that 5-20 range is stupid lol.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy.  |  Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:32 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Figgy15 wrote:
Should I bring the Max of 20 down? I saw a video from LeftyLanky that 5-20 range is stupid lol.

the 5 part of 5-20 is stupid. the 20 part is irrelevant in most cases.

Leave the max there unless you start having some high pressure issues.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy.  |  Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:12 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Over half your AHI is central and more minimum pressure is unlikely to fix that.
Your leak..7% of the night in large leak...not horribly horrible as long as you slept through it. I have had worse but I sleep through it so I don't really care.

Any leak no matter what the size that wakes us up...unwanted and needs to be fixed because it is disturbing sleep.

What I see that is more disturbing to me is the obvious poor sleep and the breaks in therapy where you turned the machine off and back on again and I am betting there were more times than this.
Any idea why?

Figgy15
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy.  |  Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:37 am

What is happening is that I'm taking my mask off. I am claustrophobic which was my worry going on CPAP. Having something on my face bothers me. I started with the Dreamwear full face mask and eventhough it's much smaller facial footprint then a regular mask, it still bothered me. So I changed to the Dreamwear nasal mask which I feel much more comfortable with but I'm still waking up throughout the night noticing my mask on the floor. According to the ResMed app, I'm averaging 3-4 times per night me removing the mask. I don't really know what I can do about that.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy.  |  Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:46 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Ahhh...now I understand the biggest problem.
I have some thoughts on how to maybe deal with the mask removal stuff.

1...give yourself some time for the brain to become more adjusted for you to be wearing the mask. Right now the brain isn't happy with it's new supposedly best friend. When you wake up and the mask is in the floor...just pick it up and put it back on again. With time and persistence the brain will learn to be less annoyed with this new alien on your face.

2...wear the mask while watching TV or reading a book and when under no stress to fall asleep. This will help the brain form a better relationship with having the alien being stuck on the face and also help you with potential claustrophobia issues that might pop up. You will know you are in control of the situation which will help.

3...consider increasing that minimum pressure to 6 or even 7. While you don't technically need it for the OA stuff...that extra air movement might feel a little better on your nose/face...less confining and thus less likely to provoke the brain from having those unpleasant sensations that can put it into panic mode and cause you to remove the mask prematurely.

Finally don't beat yourself up over the mask removing thing too much. It's common...we have all done it at some time or other...I know I have and I don't have claustrophobia issues. Don't worry about the MyAir scores for now. They are just numbers anyway.

It's not about perfection...it's about progression. You may take a little longer to adjust than someone else might but you can get it done if you just are persistent.

Figgy15
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy.  |  Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:52 am

Morning all. Pugsy, thank you for the great advise. I wore my mask for 2 hours yesterday before bed. As you'll see in the data from sleephead, I still had times (one long one) when i removed my mask but I'll keep "training my brain" and hopefully over time wont have that happening anymore. I set the auto to 6-14cmH2O. I feel really good this morning so hopefully found the sweet spot.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 7.47.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 7.47.22 AM.png [ 609.9 KiB | Viewed 641 times ]
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 7.47.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 7.47.10 AM.png [ 740.07 KiB | Viewed 641 times ]