id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - I am done
FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:13 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Melly
Unread post  Post subject: I am done  |  Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:51 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit F20
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation APAP w/humidifier
Pressure Setting: Auto setting from 5-15

Okay, Dealing with Rotech, Florida Blue, and CareCentrix has caused me to go insane.

I just found out today that I am no longer able to switch out any mask because I was only able to switch out one time. The Dreamwear FFM has been causing me irritation around my mouth, and I can't get the dang thing to stop leaking under my nose. I have even tried both the Remzzz and a paper towel to protect my skin to no avail. The Dreamwear was my second mask...my first was the Mirage Liberty

Oh, and found out when all is said and done, I will have to pay out over $1000 out of pocket BEFORE even figuring out the mask stuff because my deductible is no way near met ($2K, and I am only at $298 before the Cpap stuff and my last ER visit hit). All the stuff I have to periodically replace will also be out of pocket, though towards my deductible. Purchasing the next mask out of pocket will not count towards the deductible.

Rotech and CareCentrix had me crying hard while I was trying to work.

I may eventually go ahead and try to just buy the stuff on my own, since it will be LOTS cheaper, but I can't even do that right now.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I am done  |  Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:28 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Melly wrote:
Okay, Dealing with Rotech, Florida Blue, and CareCentrix has caused me to go insane.
[any DME] will cause you to go insane.

Melly wrote:
The Dreamwear FFM has been causing me irritation around my mouth, and I can't get the dang thing to stop leaking under my nose.
This sounds like the headgear is too low around the back of your head. This would pull it down and cause the problems you're having. Up higher around your head takes the pressure off of the area around your mouth and pulls it up into you nose to prevent leaking there. Give 'er a try and let me know if it did or didn't work.

If you do end up buying this stuff on your own, check out my site maskbright.com. The stuff is slightly used, but much much cheaper. I have had several repeat customers, so I take this as they were happy with the value.

Hope things start to look up for you soon. :)

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

Melly
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I am done  |  Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:19 am

Thelankylefty wrote:
Melly wrote:
The Dreamwear FFM has been causing me irritation around my mouth, and I can't get the dang thing to stop leaking under my nose.
This sounds like the headgear is too low around the back of your head. This would pull it down and cause the problems you're having. Up higher around your head takes the pressure off of the area around your mouth and pulls it up into you nose to prevent leaking there. Give 'er a try and let me know if it did or didn't work.

If you do end up buying this stuff on your own, check out my site maskbright.com. The stuff is slightly used, but much much cheaper. I have had several repeat customers, so I take this as they were happy with the value.

Hope things start to look up for you soon. :)

i had to change my headgear originally because I was given a large even though my mask was sized for a small. The medium fits.

I have tried adjusting it, but didn't help.

I will be returning my equipment on Friday so I don't incur more charges for this. I have my current data from sleepyhead and DreamMapper to give to my Dr. on the 15th.

If I do this on my own, I was wondering your thoughts on buying a used machine on Craigslist.

I will keep my account here for if I start back up . Your videos have helped me through this ordeal. This journey to better health is just getting started.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I am done  |  Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:48 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Melly wrote:
If I do this on my own, I was wondering your thoughts on buying a used machine on Craigslist.
So long as you do your homework and get the right machine and wait for a good deal, I'd do it myself. I notice that people seriously overprice their machine or will really undervalue it. Very infrequently do I see one that seems to be fairly priced in my area.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

Melly
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I am done  |  Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:15 pm

Well, I talked to Floida blue and Rotech again. Equipment will be returned tomorrow.

I called an assistance program, but they don't have any machines right now, but was told to keep checking. I am still keeping my appts. with the pulmonologist on the 11th, and will go from there.

Melly
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I am done  |  Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 am

Florida Blue outsources to CareCentrix, so I dealt with them and Rotech today.

Rotech people are complete a******* (self censored). Even though they took my unopened supplies and said they were going to adjust things, they aren't going to do such. I was told NOW that they only offer a 3-day return policy. I can't even pick those unopened things back up, because they don't keep track of them.

I had a complete blow up with them in their office when my CPAP unit was returned.

CareCentrix was on the phone with me and Rotech and heard how argumentative they were being again. CareCentrix is going to adjust my bill. I will still owe for the CPAP machine and Humidifier 1-month rental, the hose, and the mask that I can't even use.

There is nothing I can do about those charges and had to concede.

I -might- still be going through insurance when I have my Dr. appt on the 11th, but they wanted to use Apria next, which I have heard is just as problematic as Rotech. I have it now notated to not use either.

Sometimes I think they rather have me die then work with me, at least the DME's would.

With all this trouble, I am very close to just doing all this on my own.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I am done  |  Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:01 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Melly wrote:
With all this trouble, I am very close to just doing all this on my own.

I've been doing it on my own since 2009.

ShiftWorker
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I am done  |  Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:22 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Humidifier: Integrated
Pressure Setting: 6/15/0/19/25

Melly,
I deal with Apria, I have been because they are conveniently located and because I at one time needed Oxygen, Apria is in the areas I need to travel to, they helped set me up with a concentrater for overnight use at the places I visited, I did need to rent them though. When it came time for me to get my new ASV BPAP machine I asked my Dr. to be very specific with all details on my prescription, when Apria tried something funny, I went to their office and presented them with a copy of the script and demanded that I have all things as written, they were not happy but have been ok to deal with every time I need to talk to them after that time!

I have gone through to many masks that I purchased to play around anymore, I switched to a different mask after about six months, this was just after receiving a big box of new supplies, now I need to see if I can get Apria to change the mask for my next resupply! I still use the older mask on occasion so the supplies will not be a waste, if I can get them to change for the next time!.