Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Changing pressure on philips respironics system one
FAQ
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:27 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Cpapbean
Unread post  Post subject: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:33 am

Hello,

I am new to the forum.

I have a philips respironics system one. The front of the machne says RemstarPro Cflex+. I recieved the machine back in 2013 and was not compliant. Now I am using the machine again. The doctor updated the pressure a few weeks back but it keeps resetting itself to a setting that I don't like. When I ask them to update it eiher takes them days or just does not correctly udpate to show what they have in their systesms. I am not sure if there is something wrong with my machine or if it is because of the technician.

I'd like to be able to update the machine myself. The setting I liked the most was Aflex 4-7 pressure. The machine keeps changing back to Cflex with a pressure starting at 7.

I watchted this Youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2miZa08XHdE Lankylefty posted. The issue is when I unlock the machine I don't see "auto". I see the option of "AutoIQ" or Cflex. I have tried both but it will not change back to Aflex.

Any tips on how to do this?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:09 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Erase the SD card and leave it out of the machine.
Reset the machine to what you want.
Then put the SD card back in the machine.

I suspect that there is something on the SD card causing the machine to revert back to the old settings and until that is gone it won't stop.
If you don't want to erase that card...get a brand new card and use it.

If you don't know how to get into the clinical setup menu area of your machine where you can make the changes go here and read up on how to do it. Easy to do.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual
It's the same secret handshake for all the System One machines.

Cpapbean
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks Pugsy!

How do I erase the SD card?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:15 pm

I just use my computer to erase the SD card.

I put it in the SD card slot and then go to the SD card and then manually delete the folder(s) and/or files.
I think all you will see is one main P-Series folder and all I do is right click mouse on that folder and delete.
I don't remember if there is a separate text file below the P Series folder or not but if there is you just do the same to it.

You can go to a whole lot of work and reformat and all that but it is not needed. The machine will format the card like it wants it when you put it back in the machine.

Cpapbean
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:11 pm

I cleared the SD card and I am still having the same issue. I don't see the option to change the device to A-Flex. Any other thoughts?

Cpapbean
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:17 pm

My Machine says "CFlex" on the front of it. I notice some don't say Cflex and some say Aflex. Is this a different unit?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 pm

Flex is the exhale option available on the Respironics machines.

There's 2 kinds...CFlex and AFlex and the main difference is the CFlex is fixed cpap mode and AFlex is for auto adjusting mode.
Your "Pro" model doesn't have auto adjusting (apap) mode so it isn't going to have the AFlex option.

You can go here and request the manual for your machine and read up on what it offers and there is a brief description about Flex and how it works in the manual.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap- ... tup-manual

acsm
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:03 pm

I noticed that my pressure dips in the middle of the night and the change wakes me up. I have cflex. Thoughts?

acsm
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:05 pm

I noticed that my pressure dips in the middle of the night and the change wakes me up. I have cflex. I thought my machine was "fixed" at 6 while it is on. Thoughts?

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Changing pressure on philips respironics system one  |  Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:18 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

acsm wrote:
I noticed that my pressure dips in the middle of the night and the change wakes me up. I have cflex. I thought my machine was "fixed" at 6 while it is on. Thoughts?

Beats me, you haven't filled in your equipment profile correctly with the machine you have... so anything I'd say would be purely a guess.

Fill in your equipment profile, start your own thread.