728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Losing acclimation to your cpap/bipap?
FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

39YearsOfNoSleep
Unread post  Post subject: Losing acclimation to your cpap/bipap?  |  Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:07 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit P10
PAP Machine: Resmed ASV
Humidifier: I use the humidifier attached to the Resmed ASV
Pressure Setting: Resmed ASV:
Min EPAP 4.0
Max EPAP 5.4
Min PS 4.0
MaxPS 9.4

I have this strange and distressing problem.

About 5 months ago I started medicinal marijuana in an attempt to get better sleep along with my Resmed ASV. Fast forward 5 months later and the medicinal marijuana has lost most of its affect. Not quite surprised there, but it was worth a shot. However, when I sleep with my Resmed ASV now, without the use of MJ, it feels very hard, almost as if I am learning to use cpap/bipap again. Which took me forever to acclimate to. Now I'm either waking up with chest pain or ripping off my mask throughout the night.

So I'm experiencing a new issue with sleep ( i have had a major loss with my father recently ) or my body has lost its acclimation to the Resmed ASV.

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar before? Maybe if not with MJ, but other sleep aids?

lucas7bm
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Losing acclimation to your cpap/bipap?  |  Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:16 pm

You said that 5 months ago you started the marijuana treatment, but since how long have you been using your CPAP? Were you totally acclimated to it before start using marijuana? This is crucial.
And even if your answer is yes, remember that when you stopped using marijuana you changed your sleep routine. Your body need to acclimate to this, too - with or without a CPAP. So it might be harder to sleep (which can mislead you into thinking that the problem is the poor CPAP). I would suggest you to differentiate the CPAP acclimation process with this new process of acclimation of marijuana absence.
Also, like you already said, consider that this could be a new sleep issue or maybe just a bad phase. Just keep your treatment, try to improve it and things will be alright.

Sleep2snore
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Losing acclimation to your cpap/bipap?  |  Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 am

PAP Mask: Nasal Pillows - Swift FX
PAP Machine: Remstar Airsense 10 Autoset / Remstar Auto Cflex APAP as back up!
Humidifier: Also F&P stand alone (Used with back-up machine).
Pressure Setting: 10 - 20

The body can become dependent on substances like this easily, I was going to suggest a sleeping pill (small dose) but if you become dependent of MJ that quick you might look the the pill as a substitute for the MJ.
It was a bad thing to start, as you now know!
But keep it up and you will get there in the end.

Stay off the MJ. You will only crave more and more and make others rich.