FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

jschembri
Unread post  Post subject: Fisher & Paykel Oracle Oral Mask Compete System  |  Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:45 pm

I am a mouth breather with some chronic nasal obstruction
I saw the review for the Fisher & Paykel Oracle Oral Mask Compete System PN: HC452

I have use various nasal masks and they were uncomfortable and always leaked.
Then between my nasal congestion and mouth breathing, it did not always work well
I am trying now an under the nose mask Respironics DreamWear Under the Nose Mask Fitpack PN: 1116700
I used to use a similar mask but it was bulky and very expensive and broke easily, very uncomfortable.
I am hoping this one is better, Am getting it in a few days.

Seeing the review for the oral mask, got me very interested. It looks like it might actually be a better fit for me.
My CPAP machine does have a variable humidifier that I can set.

Do I put the humidity at maximum level, or, do I vary it accordingly until no dry mouth
It was also mentioned about drooling.
There is no chance I can choke to death with this mask.
Between the drool and constant air, I get the impression I could get suffocated.
I know this sounds stupid and probably will not happen but never having used I am worried I could go to sleep and not wake up again.

Appreciate some advice on the oral mask and how safe it is.
I tend to worry a lot and any help would be appreciated.

Please put my worries to rest

Thanks

jschembri
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Fisher & Paykel Oracle Oral Mask Compete System  |  Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:52 pm

Sorry, but I forgot to mention I have full upper and lower dentures that I remove at night.
This means I have no teeth to rest on the mask
Will this be a problem?

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Fisher & Paykel Oracle Oral Mask Compete System  |  Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:15 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 11-15

I suggest you read some of the 200 user reviews on this mask.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fisher ... -mask.html

jschembri
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Fisher & Paykel Oracle Oral Mask Compete System  |  Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:34 pm

When I had done my testing to determine my air pressure setting, I had been using an Under the Nose Mask, that fed the air directly up my nostrils similar to the under the nose mask I will be getting shortly.

Now I will be using the CPAP machine to feed air directly into my mouth, direct oral input.

Does the air pressure that was determined by direct input to my nostrils have any effect when I use the oral mask with air direct input into my mouth. Can it be too high or maybe too low and could cause some issues. Could this create breathing problems?

Would appreciate some help on this

Thanks