Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Nasal breathing
FAQ
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:45 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Sleepycycler
Unread post  Post subject: Nasal breathing  |  Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:47 pm

PAP Mask: Amara
PAP Machine: Dreamstation apap
Humidifier: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 5 to 10 cmH20

Hi all!
I've been using my apap for almost 4 months now and currently use a full face mask.I feel I am doing well and feel way less fatigued. Don't need naps during the day. My AHI is around 1.5 to maybe 2.5 or 3 on a "bad" night.
My question is: Should I be trying to breathe through my nose primarily maybe going to a nasal type mask? Is nasal mask better?
Im just trying to get the most from my therapy.
Thanks!
John

CobaltSky
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal breathing  |  Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 am

PAP Mask: Aitfit P10 or Dreamwear (with a headband over lips)
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: Integrated but without climateline hose
Pressure Setting: 9-13

Not sure on the mask. I'd say do what works for you, and it never hurts to try stuff. The is a decent chance you can do even better than the 1.5 AHI though, but that may or may not be mask related. Assuming you have a data capable machine, you should gather and analyze your own data to see where those events are coming from and try to minimize them.

Congrats on felling better. That is what ultimately matters!

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal breathing  |  Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:26 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

It's completely up to you. If your current mask is comfortable to you and you have no issues with it as far as leaks, it may be easier to stick with it. If you are having leak issues, or the mask is uncomfortable, it may be worth trying a different style.

Sleepycycler
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Nasal breathing  |  Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 pm

PAP Mask: Amara
PAP Machine: Dreamstation apap
Humidifier: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 5 to 10 cmH20

Thanks guys!
If it comes down only to comfort and not whether its a full face or nasal type of mask that's fine. I just wondered if one ws better than the other.
I havent tried to download sleepyhead or dreammapper because I thought it would make things too complicated. I tend to overthink things and I just want this to be easy. My doctor is happy with my numbers and I'm happy with the way I feel. I suppose I should just , well , be happy!!