728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - ResMed 10 went Crazy...or is it me?
FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:47 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Allessio77
Unread post  Post subject: ResMed 10 went Crazy...or is it me?  |  Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:01 am

PAP Mask: Quattro Air and Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto
Pressure Setting: 7-11

Yesterday, I decided to try a new FFM while I nap. Regular FM is a Dreamwear. Everything OK...so decided to try a full night!

Changed my ResMed setting from Nasal to Full Mask, and got strapped in. no other settings changed. Everything fine at first..went to my ramp pressure (5).
But then in a few minutes, the pressure took off like never before. Mask was squealing! I thought I saw 23.9 on my machines dashboard!! So I took off the mask.
Tried this three times and all three times the pressure shot up fast.
Note that my 95% pressure is about 8.

So I gave up for the rest of the night.

I looked at the Sleephead results and it shows my three attempts and the fast rise, although it seems to peak out at about 18.

Does anyone know what might be happening? Is my machine screwed up somehow? Am I seeing things? Do I need a reset?

https://imgur.com/hrspiVq

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed 10 went Crazy...or is it me?  |  Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:34 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Allessio77 wrote:
Yesterday, I decided to try a new FFM while I nap. Regular FM is a Dreamwear. Everything OK...so decided to try a full night!

Changed my ResMed setting from Nasal to Full Mask, and got strapped in. no other settings changed. Everything fine at first..went to my ramp pressure (5).
But then in a few minutes, the pressure took off like never before. Mask was squealing! I thought I saw 23.9 on my machines dashboard!! So I took off the mask.
Tried this three times and all three times the pressure shot up fast.
Note that my 95% pressure is about 8.

So I gave up for the rest of the night.

I looked at the Sleephead results and it shows my three attempts and the fast rise, although it seems to peak out at about 18.

Does anyone know what might be happening? Is my machine screwed up somehow? Am I seeing things? Do I need a reset?

https://imgur.com/hrspiVq

************************************************************************************************************************************

1. Your 95% pressure is 12.56 not 8
2. Your machine can't go above 20 so you couldn't have seen 23.9
3. Your max pressure is set at 15...that's as high as the machine should go...It never got higher that 14.4
4. You should increase your minimum pressure to about 8

Allessio77
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed 10 went Crazy...or is it me?  |  Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:37 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro Air and Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto
Pressure Setting: 7-11

This machine has a TEST MASK function that I had apparently turned on before starting my session. It did NOT turn off even after two removals of the mask.

That may explain how I actually saw the readings of 23.9 (although I understand that the machine has a spec max of 20) on the machine and how the machine actually went higher than my max setting of 15!

Everything worked fine last night. Case Closed.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: ResMed 10 went Crazy...or is it me?  |  Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Allessio77 wrote:
This machine has a TEST MASK function that I had apparently turned on before starting my session. It did NOT turn off even after two removals of the mask.

That may explain how I actually saw the readings of 23.9 (although I understand that the machine has a spec max of 20) on the machine and how the machine actually went higher than my max setting of 15!

Everything worked fine last night. Case Closed.

The mask test is not something that works while your machine is in operation, it's a short test, *that does not log data* to allow you to fit your mask. It does not go to a higher pressure than you have set, much less higher than what your machine is capable of.

I'm guessing that you're having flow limitations and snoring at those low pressures, and that's what's causing the pressure to go up.

Please arrange your charts as shown below in my sig.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur