Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Aircurve 10 Vauto, Max, Min & PS qestion
FAQ
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:49 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Mutka
Unread post  Post subject: Aircurve 10 Vauto, Max, Min & PS qestion  |  Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm

I am a new Aircurve 10 Vauto user (I am a new cpap/bipap/apap user).
Having a bit of difficulty staying asleep.
Using "Auto mode"
Ramp time is 30 min's No issues falling asleep while the machine is ramping up. But, I am waking up after the ramp time has expired.
I think the EPAP pressure is the parameter that's causing me some grief (Not used to the resistance on breathing out)
Max IPAP = 13
Min EPAP = 8
Pressure Support = 2
Start EPAP = 4

What would be a better starting point for Max, Min and PS?

Thank you all so much for your time and wishing everyone a Snore-free Holiday Season

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Aircurve 10 Vauto, Max, Min & PS qestion  |  Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:39 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Next time you wake up when you feel the pressure might be responsible reach over and turn the machine off and back on again (it will start ramp all over again) but with the break in therapy line you can see for sure what pressure you were at when you woke up.

If it really is a difficulty exhaling against the pressure and the pressure is high when you stop the machine....I might try PS of 3 instead of 2 and see if that helped.

Mutka
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Aircurve 10 Vauto, Max, Min & PS qestion  |  Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:08 am

Thanks Pugsy for your fast reply. I will give it a try.

CobaltSky
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Aircurve 10 Vauto, Max, Min & PS qestion  |  Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:48 am

PAP Mask: Aitfit P10 or Dreamwear (with a headband over lips)
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: Integrated but without climateline hose
Pressure Setting: 9-13

Being a new user probably has a lot to do with it as well. I dare say in a short time, depending on what your optimum therapy pressure is, you may find the ramp pressure to be restrictive and feel more comfortable with the higher pressures, and not want the ramp at all. At least that has been my experience every time my pressure has been adjusted over the years.

If I wake up fully in the night, I always try to take my mask off for a few until the machine turns off and put it right back on. That resets my Settling time (different from ramp) and give me time to fall back asleep before the machine starts recording events. (I discovered my recorded events on my S8 Autoset are exponentially higher during awake breathing, so it throws off my morning AHI readings if I don't do that.)

Mutka
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Aircurve 10 Vauto, Max, Min & PS qestion  |  Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:01 am

I am making some progress!
Original settings:
Max IPAP = 13
Min EPAP = 8
Pressure Support = 2
Start EPAP = 4
avg IPAP = 10.6
1 event an hour but not sleeping well

Temp settings:
Max IPAP = 9
Min EPAP = 5.8
Pressure Support = 2.8
Start EPAP = 4
Avg IPAP = 9
3 events per hour, but sleeping really well
I will stay with setting for ~ a week and slowly increase.