Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Does he have sleep apnea?
FAQ
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Kittens McTavish
Unread post  Post subject: Does he have sleep apnea?  |  Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:46 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Eson 2, Philips Dreamwear
PAP Machine: Philips DreamStation
Humidifier: Philips
Pressure Setting: 9

I was diagnosed in October and have benefited greatly from my therapy so far. My question is about my husband. Now that I'm "hip" to the symptoms, I think he may also have it. For well over two years, he's had some odd sleep habits. He snores like a chainsaw about half the time. Approximately 3-4 times a week, he has what I call "fighting ninja" episodes; running, kicking and punching in his sleep. (I make him face away from me after having been kicked a few times!)

When he is in Fighting Ninjas mode, he does not snore at all; in fact, he seems to be either not breathing or breathing so shallowly that it's almost undetectable. However, he doesn't choke or gasp when the episodes are over, just goes back to snoring. The Fighting Ninja episodes (there are several per night) last about 10 minutes each. On the occasions I've woken him when he's punching or kicking, he tells me he was having a nightmare. One time it was wild dogs attacking him; another time it was "gang-bangers." I don't wake him during the episodes anymore, because at least he's being quiet! :roll:

Just over a year ago, his doctor arranged for an at-home sleep study (he had to wear a device on his finger for 3 nights) and concluded he was fine. But of course, the at-home study isn't comprehensive, and I'm not convinced there isn't some kind of issue. I've been trying to talk him into doing an on-site study, but he says he doesn't want to spend the $$, and "I already sleep 10-12 hours a night, so it's not a big deal." (That alone concerns me!)

Tell me is this where I give it all up?
For you, I have to risk it all
Cause the writing's on the wall

Sam Smith

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does he have sleep apnea?  |  Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

> He snores like a chainsaw about half the time.

He should use a cpap just for that....

1) so YOU can sleep,
2) because snoring, in and of itself is detrimental to health, he's working harder for air, so not getting as good rest as otherwise.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur