FAQ
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:02 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Carolee
Unread post  Post subject: Travel CPAP advice  |  Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi everyone and Happy New Year,

As I travel a fair bit, I decided to investigate small travel CPAP's,

I recently tried a Travel ResMed mini CPAP on a 30 day trial. It was so noisy I couldn't get to sleep let alone stay asleep. I have since returned the unit and am now on the hunt for an alternative.

I have watched various YouTubes on noise levels but a lot of the demos don't actually use a mask they just plug the hose end. As all us CPAP users know, this does not mimic wearing a mask.

Anyone have suggestions/experience with other units? The Transcend EZEX & Somnetics Z1 have low decibels but you just don't know till you try the units and not all suppliers are willing to extend a trial period.

thanks
Carole

Crappy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Travel CPAP advice  |  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:50 am

PAP Mask: DreamWear / ResMed Airfit F20 FFM / F&P Simplus /And More
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset / HDM Z-1 Auto /PRS1 560
Humidifier: Yes it has one, It's Built in.
Pressure Setting: 10-13 APAP, No Ramp, EPR 3 / 10-13 on the HDM Z-1 Auto

Most of the travel units will have a higher noise level then the full size units. This is due to the smaller fan in them that has to spin faster to keep up with the pressure. Plus there is less sound proofing in them.

I use the Z1 and keep the noise down by using a full size 22 mm hose and a full face mask and it’s still makes more noise then the full size unit. It’s a trade off between size and noise.

Carolee
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Travel CPAP advice  |  Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks for your thoughts, appreciated

Sleep2snore
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Travel CPAP advice  |  Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:52 am

PAP Mask: Nasal Pillows - Swift FX
PAP Machine: Remstar Airsense 10 Autoset / Remstar Auto Cflex APAP as back up!
Humidifier: Also F&P stand alone (Used with back-up machine).
Pressure Setting: 10 - 20

Here is a tip I picked up from elsewhere:
When using a travel unit, they mostly have short leads.
Most come with a Velcro strip, use this to attach it to the side of the mattress. A few have said this makes them a lot quieter and easier to use. One has a humidity clip on thing (I think it is the ResMed, but I may be wrong) make sure it is the correct way round and do not block the slots on the side of this, they are there for a reason.